1. Data Compliance: Brahmananda Saraswati Jyotish Foundation (BSJF) complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective 25 May 2018.
2. Your privacy is essential: Our services are based on the personal information you provide to us. We maintain strict confidentiality of your personal information; the services we fulfill for you; and the details of any information that is provided to you in fulfilling your requested services.
3. Your consent: In applying for services, you are consenting for BSJF personnel to collect, store, and process personal information relevant to fulfilling your request for our services or those of Brahmananda Saraswati Yagya Foundation (BSYF).
The date that you give us consent to store and process your personal information is recorded. At any time, you may ask for us to delete your personal information and we will do so in a timely manner.
If your request for our services includes personal data relating to any other individual (for example a Comprehensive Birth Chart, Compatibility Analysis, Muhurta) you must have that person’s consent to provide this information unless they are your minor dependent.
4. What data we collect and how do we use it: We collect information that is specifically relevant to fulfilling your request for our services. The data is processed by our staff, both regionally and internationally. In general, regional administrative offices are only able to access data that concerns clients in their domain or who have been assigned to them.
The ability of Brahmananda Saraswati Jyotish Foundation to successfully implement its mission is dependent on maintaining accurate information. We will strive to keep information we hold about clients and others accurate and current.
5. Who do we share data with: Otherwise, personal information about you is only shared among BSJF staff and its third-party contractors on a need-to-know basis to fulfill your specific service request.
We also share relevant data with Brahmananda Saraswati Yagya Foundation if you apply to that organization to sponsor a Maharishi Yagya performance.
Other than this, we can only share information about your account with an individual that you have specifically authorized us to do so, for example a spouse.
6. Your data is secure: We collect data from you on-line, by phone or fax, or through other means.
Data used to fulfill your services is stored in PCI Level 1 compliant environments: Salesforce, Authorize.net, PayPal and Quickbooks Online. These systems can only be accessed by authorized BSJF and BSYF administrators. As well, credit card data is stored in an encrypted environment.
When you apply for our services, a unique client ID code is assigned to your account. Specific processed data which is relevant to fulfilling your services is transmitted to India and information is then provided to you either directly through consultations or through authorized BSJF representatives. In this phase of fulfilling your services, you are only identified by your client ID code.
We have a dedicated Data Protection Officer whose responsibility is to ensure data is properly protected. You may contact the Data Protection Officer here.
We regularly audit security systems and protocols. We must point out that data transmissions via internet (e.g. e-mail communication) cannot be entirely secure and may have security vulnerabilities from unknown sources. A complete protection of personal details against unauthorized access by third parties is therefore not possible.
However, you will be informed if there is any breach of security of non-encrypted data. This will be done in a timely manner (within 72 hours) of our becoming aware of this breach.
You acknowledge that our security cannot legally apply to any data which is requested through lawful interception.
7. Our communications with you: BSJF staff communicates with you by email, phone or other means to provide information and to fulfill your service requests.
8. Your data management rights:
If you are a past participant in Maharishi Jyotish programs, you may receive such email with the option to UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the email. Data for news emails is limited to your name, email address and country and is processed through MailChimp.
However, in applying for BSJF services you waive any right to know details of proprietary processing including the knowledge of Maharishi Jyotish and Maharishi Yagya and the systems of analysis and performance used by either BSJF personnel or our third-party contractors.
Please note that if you request to erase your data, you will need to re-register for services at a charge and historical data will not be available for services.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is sent to and stored at a Google server in the U.S.A.
You may prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. In doing so, an Opt-Out-Cookie will be placed which prevents future data collection when visiting our website. Click here to opt out of Google Analytics
11. Use of server-log-files:The provider of our website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files which your browser automatically transmits to us, such as
Those data cannot be associated with individual persons. A merging with other data sources does not take place. We reserve the right to retrospectively check the data if reasonable evidences concerning illegal use become known.